Luis Garicano is interested in ensuring that the processing of personal data of those who contact through the website luisgaricano.eu (hereinafter, the “Website“) is carried out in a transparent and secure manner, so that you know at all times how your personal data are treated and how you can exercise your rights and freedoms.
1. PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROCESSING
1.1 The person responsible for the collection and processing of your personal data on the Website is:
Name: Luis Garicano Gabilondo
2. WHICH PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS?
2.1. The Handler collects and processes various information from Users. This information can constitute, in many occasions, personal data of the Users. This information will be considered “personal data” when it can directly identify or allow us to identify a natural person, such as your name and surname or contact details
2.2. This personal data may have been directly provided by the User, when interacting on the Website or completing any of the available forms, or may have been inferred from the relationship we have with you.
2.3. The personal data that may be processed by the Handler are the following (hereinafter, the “Personal Data“):
- Contact data: name and surname, telephone, email, number and copy of ID or CIF of the holder, mailing address.
2.4. Also, the Handler may record the visits you make to the Website and its links or when you click on a content, interact, or otherwise make use of the Website, through cookies and other similar technologies. For more information in this regard, you can refer to our Cookies Policy.
2.5. We remind you that you are responsible for ensuring that the Personal Data you provide is true and accurate, and you agree to notify us of any changes or modifications. Any loss or damage caused to the Website, the responsible party or any third party through the communication of erroneous, inaccurate or incomplete information will be the responsibility of the User.
3. FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND UNDER WHAT LEGITIMACY DO WE TREAT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
3.1. The Handler uses your Personal Data to respond to your queries or to provide you with information about the parliamentary activity of Luis Garicano in the European Parliament.
3.2. Below, we indicate the specific purposes for which we process your Personal Data, as well as the legal basis that legitimizes its use in each case:
(a) Responding to your inquiries or event registrations, including the processing of Personal Data to contact you and to be able to respond to your communications through the Website.
Legal basis: your consent to direct queries to the Handler and our legitimate interest in responding to your queries. The Handler may process your Personal Data to answer your queries when you contact us through any of the customer service channels available to the user.
(b) Sending information about Luis Garicano’s political activity, including information about events, proposals and political actions.
Legal basis: your consent marked on the contact form or the registration form for events on the Website. The Handler may use your Personal Data for the purpose of making communications regarding events and the parliamentary activity of Luis Garicano.
In order to carry out the aforementioned communications, the Handler may use your Personal Data and those collected during the consultations referred to in the previous purpose.
3.3. The Handler does not carry out any enrichment of its databases with information from third-party databases, nor will it make automated decisions based solely on the automated processing of your Personal Data, without human intervention and that produce legal effects or significantly affect you, which may fall within the cases provided for in Article 22 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC. Nor do they carry out complex or automated profiling. Any automated decision or complex profiling will be subject to the explicit, express and separate consent of the User.
4. FOR HOW LONG DO WE PROCESS AND KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The Handler will not store your Personal Data for a longer period of time than is necessary to fulfill the purposes indicated above. In particular, the Personal Data used to resolve your query will be used for as long as the query is open and those used on the basis of your consent for the sending of communications will be used for as long as you do not withdraw your consent. Subsequently, your data will be kept, duly blocked, for the legal terms applicable in each case, taking into account the type of data, as well as the purpose of the processing, to the extent that liabilities may arise for the Handler or in any other way legally required.
5. WHO CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- Service Providers. The Handler may use other companies to provide certain services under the Handler’s guidelines, for example, sending commercial information, consulting, management of the Website, or IT-maintenance. The Handler guarantees that, in such cases, these third parties will have limited access to your Personal Data to the extent necessary to perform the tasks entrusted to them, will sign a processing contract and will be obliged not to disclose the information or use it for purposes other than the provision of the corresponding service.
- Disclosures required by Law. The Handler may disclose your Personal Data when required to do so by law, in a legal proceeding, to investigate a suspicious activity, or to otherwise protect its own and Users’ rights.
- Collaborators of the Handler. The Handler may disclose your Personal Data to service providers who collaborate with him/her in the exercise of their professional activities. The Handler guarantees that in such cases, the third parties will act under the Handler’s guidelines, will only access the data to the extent necessary to carry out their collaboration, will sign a processing contract and will be obliged not to disclose the information or use it for purposes other than those of the collaboration.
5.2. In those cases in which the Handler works with service providers located outside the European Economic Area, the Handler will implement with such data processors any necessary security measures and guarantees, in accordance with the applicable regulations, prior to carrying out the international transfer of data (e.g. subscription of standard contractual clauses). You may request a copy of these assurances at any of the addresses indicated in this Policy.
6. WHAT SECURITY MEASURES DO WE APPLY?
6.1. The Handler will adopt the necessary technical and organizational measures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and security of Personal Data, and to prevent its loss, alteration, processing or unauthorized access, taking into account the state of technology and the nature of the data stored. Likewise, the Handler periodically monitors its systems to detect possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
6.2. However, Users are aware that Internet security is not impregnable and that there is no guarantee that Personal Data cannot be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed if there is a breach in any of the security measures installed.
7. WHAT RIGHTS CAN I EXERCISE?
7.1. In accordance with the applicable legislation, you may request the exercise of your rights of access to Personal Data, rectification or erasure, limitation of processing, opposition to processing, as well as the right to data portability, as well as the right to withdraw the consent given, under the terms provided in the applicable regulations. In particular, your rights are as follows:
- Access to data. You may request access to your Personal Data and to the processing that the Handler is carrying out at any time, together with a copy of the processed information.
- Rectification of the data. You may request the modification of your Personal Data when they are inaccurate or incomplete.
- Deletion. You may request the deletion of your Personal Data if: (i) they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, (ii) if you withdraw your consent, or (iii) when you understand that they have been unlawfully processed or (iv) otherwise legally established.
- Limitation of processing. You may request the limitation of the processing of your Personal Data, in particular, while contesting the accuracy of your Personal Data, when you understand that the processing is unlawful, when your Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, but is necessary for the formulation, exercise or defense of claims, or in case of opposition while we verify the applicability of your right.
- Opposition to the treatment. You may object to the processing of your Personal Data, for reasons related to your particular situation, when your Personal Data is processed on the basis of legitimate interest or for marketing and commercial information purposes, including profiling. In such case, the Handler will be obliged to stop processing your Personal Data, unless there are overriding legitimate reasons or your Personal Data are necessary for the formulation, exercise or defense of claims.
- Portability. You may request to receive your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and its transmission to another data Handler, when the processing of your Personal Data is based on consent or on the performance of a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means.
7.2. You may exercise these rights, at any time, by means of a communication in which you clearly identify the right you are exercising, at the following address: email@example.com
7.3. In case it is necessary for the unequivocal identification of the User, the Handler may ask the User for a copy of his/her ID card, passport or other valid document that identifies him/her.
7.4. In any case, Users may also file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.